UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Come in and say hello. Tell us something about you.
By Trorn
Doing a major DIY underfloor heating project. SImply plugged the underfloor pipework into the old radiator pipes, and removed the radiator. It has worked a treat in two bedrooms, but the third is a bit small and will probably need a simple valve. Anyone know of a two port 15mm motorised valve with a remote controller? I plan to put the motorised valve below the floorboards, in line with the pipework, but have the controller on the wall somewhere - wired to the valve. It seems simple in my head... Thanks
By RPM
Trorn wrote:
November 29th, 2019, 3:33 pm
Doing a major DIY underfloor heating project. SImply plugged the underfloor pipework into the old radiator pipes, and removed the radiator. It has worked a treat in two bedrooms, but the third is a bit small and will probably need a simple valve.
Remember a post somewhere where the floor was too hot to walk on but can`t remember if it was wood or vinyl, do you have carpet on the floors? And can somebody explain why a valve is required in the smaller room.
Thanks
By Trorn
Thanks for the replies. The floor is victorian pine planks. I have done 2 bedrooms, lifted the planks, laid the kingspan, the aluminium spreader plates and the pert al pert pipe, and re-laid the planks, sanded and danish oiled. It has worked really well, the floor temperature is just right. For one room I did use a Danfoss FHV-A single room controller (recommended by an underfloor heating company), but it's a bit of a faff to fit, and has to be mounted low on the wall, as it is fitted directly to the pipework. I would like to find a motorised valve which is wired to a thermostat, such that the valve can go in-line with the pipework and the thermostat can go higher on the wall. I just want it to control the flow of water to the one room only, very much like a single radiator valve. As far as I can make out all the motorised valves control the boiler as well, which I don't want. Thanks for any advice.

also, I don't really understand. if humidy causes […]

Hi everyone.

Hi Craig amd welcome along.

Hi Red thanks for your continued assistance I am[…]

2 zone system

Hello all, I'm a keen and competent diy'er in need[…]