UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
By Dorkozoid
Hi guys, hoping you can help me out please! I've moved into this new place and have had trouble contacting the preview owner. The shower's been dripping a lot and I'm thinking of changing it. In the meantime I want to be able to find out where the water stopcock is but am struggling to find it easily. I don't think it's under the sink, but near some isolation valves to the kitchen sink I see this and am wondering if that is the stopcock? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance :)
Attachments
IMG-20191107-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20191107-WA0008.jpg (148.67KiB)Viewed 5969 times
IMG-20191107-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20191107-WA0007.jpg (164.02KiB)Viewed 5969 times
By REDSAW
Hi,
thats a drain cocck which is just above the stopcock and you can see it beneath!
i would follow the pipe up and see if theres another fitted or a water switch if its difficult to access.
unless someones really dumb to have buried it. :roll: ;)

sometimes in this situation, its better to turn it off outside.
By RPM
Hello and welcome to the forum. That is a drain off point which from the look of it hasn`t been touched for some time so best not to disturb it now.
Best thing to do is start as close to the shower as you can and trace the pipe(s) back to the water supply and hopefully you will find an isolation valve(s) such as in the link below.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead ... CD0&adurl=

(See Redsaw has dropped in whilst I was typing)

Or
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead ... CEk&adurl=
By Dorkozoid
Hi, thank you both for your help! I really appreciate you both getting back to me :)

Unfortunately the shower water supply comes from the wall and would probably be plumbed under the floor, so I don't think I'll be able to trace it. The thing with the picture is that all those pipes are behind a panel of thick card which the previous owner cut a hole into to access the isolation valves for the kitchen sink... I think it might be worth cutting a hole myself towards the bottom to get a better look? Thanks :)

they always do this this happened with my washing […]

Shower Pump

I have a mixer/tap type shower in the bath. It's[…]

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]