UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
100 %
By Shafee
Hi all,

Over the last month we noticed water coming out of all the hot taps and shower would only come lukewarm. The puzzling thing is control unit states that the temperature in the unvented cylinder is at 69-70 degrees celsius. When I’ve I released water directly from the cylinder and felt the water flowing in to the tundish it is really hot - I suspect 69-70 degrees celsius. No error codes on the boiler itself. Pressure in both expansion vessels (heating and hot water) at recommenced values. No issues with the solar panels in the loft that I can tell - its just been recently serviced.

Also a few additional notes - all radiators get to temperature fine. There is no effect to the hot water situation when the radiators are on or off. Neither is the radiator temperature affected by running the hot water.

Before we pay to have a heating engineer out does anyone have any ideas of what might be going on? The hope of course is that it is a setting that I could adjust before we pay a professional.

A massive thanks in advance!

We have the following set-up:

* Boiler - Logic Heat 15 by Ideal
* Unvented cylinder - Range Tribune HE Indirect Solar TT300 by Kingspan
* Programmable thermostats and hot water timer by Danfoss (TP9000+TP5000Si)

* Solar panels - “Clearly Solar Collectors” by Glow worm
* Solar panel system - Solar pump station and system hydraulics by Glow worm
* Fluropro solar control by Glow worm
Attachments
IMG_2151.jpg
IMG_2151.jpg (28.83KiB)Viewed 5809 times
IMG_2454.jpg
IMG_2454.jpg (18.08KiB)Viewed 5809 times
IMG_2455.jpg
IMG_2455.jpg (20.29KiB)Viewed 5809 times
Is that a blending valve I see at top of unvented cylinder?
It might be faulty if all outlets are not getting hot water despite cylinder water heated.
The blending valve could have a blockage in the hot side, but more likely the check valve has failed on the hot inlet on that valve.
That would explain the cold entering the blended hot outlet.

The cold inlet should be balanced supply ideally to that valve and hopefully is. I think looking at photo it is from balanced cold.
Best wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 7:28 pm
Is that a blending valve I see at top of unvented cylinder?
It might be faulty if all outlets are not getting hot water despite cylinder water heated.
The blending valve could have a blockage in the hot side, but more likely the check valve has failed on the hot inlet on that valve.
That would explain the cold entering the blended hot outlet.

The cold inlet should be balanced supply ideally to that valve and hopefully is. I think looking at photo it is from balanced cold.

Thank you for you response. It seems to be the general consensus that it is likely that the TMV has failed. At least I know where to start now. Thank you for your help.
Shower Pump

It's possible that the pump installed may be overs[…]

Its a little block in a campsite, so sometimes all[…]

Washing Machine Tee 3/4" valve leaking

If the valve on your 3/4" washing machine tee[…]

We live in a listed building and our listed buildi[…]