UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
100 %
By Best
Putting this on Plumbing section of forum, because it is something useful to our trade and others.
Just a heads up to say that Screwfix at moment are doing the Stanley Pro Deep organiser at a buy one, get one free deal. Bargain then at £19.99 inc vat for 2. Nowhere will beat that.
Anyone that hasn’t used these should also go get a couple. Really deep, so can even take copper or brass fittings, or perfect for the usual screws etc. Clear, almost unbreakable lid seals tight to the lift out storage containers inside, so screws for example won’t mix.
For a tenner each you can’t get better than these tough cases.
They can fit and lock together.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-fatm ... iser/22910
By Best
TURNPIN wrote:
March 16th, 2018, 3:36 pm
Picked up a couple today...good bit of info from Best appreciate not the choice for everyone but good enough for what I need...regards Turnpin :D
Glad Turnpin you got some.
You will not get better organisers for that money.
If you look after them they should last years. Better though not to set stuff on top of them, in case you break them.
Probably ideal if you have large angled shelves in your van to store them safe.
They can become a bit heavy I discovered if you fill each container to the brim with screws, so I would advise keeping those sort of items to a minimum and top them up when they deplete.
Surprising good size compartments for copper fittings etc
By REDSAW
keep meaning to pick up some myself but its a bit of a drive from me :(

one thing though, the lids are polyprop and will break easy when cold, so go easy in winter ;)
By Best
REDSAW wrote:
March 16th, 2018, 6:21 pm
keep meaning to pick up some myself but its a bit of a drive from me :(

one thing though, the lids are polyprop and will break easy when cold, so go easy in winter ;)
Can you not just order them to be delivered to you?
Not sure, but assume Screwfix still do free postage if you order over a certain amount?
Thanks for the heads up on the lids!
I will try to look after mine.

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]