UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
100 %
By REDSAW
Anyone contracted to do British gas work on here?

i have a chance to if it suits and the money is there on bulk regular few days a week type arrangement.

get the conversations flowing with input no matter the subject, pork pies if you like!!
By TURNPIN
Not a fan of pork pies but that said only know of a couple of guys who worked for BG on a similar type of arrangement and found like most of employers tended to hook you in and after a couple of weeks put the pressure on with the amount of jobs expected.......but that was then perhaps you have a different arrangement if you can cherry pick then why not give it a go....you can always leave...regards Turnpin :D
By REDSAW
TURNPIN wrote:
July 16th, 2018, 7:18 pm
Not a fan of pork pies but that said only know of a couple of guys who worked for BG on a similar type of arrangement and found like most of employers tended to hook you in and after a couple of weeks put the pressure on with the amount of jobs expected.......but that was then perhaps you have a different arrangement if you can cherry pick then why not give it a go....you can always leave...regards Turnpin :D
it will be definatly a cherry pick 'safety check fga' and he also offered my own postcode. been working for them for a few years already and still have it easy ;)
this is just another avenue of easyish money tbh. the rates not high but the time on the job/work to do/pay/and volume makes a big cohuners by the sounds of it.
might bring my working week down to 2 days :lol:
By TURNPIN
REDSAW wrote:
July 17th, 2018, 12:32 am
TURNPIN wrote:
July 16th, 2018, 7:18 pm
it will be definatly a cherry pick 'safety check fga' and he also offered my own postcode. been working for them for a few years already and still have it easy ;)
this is just another avenue of easyish money tbh. the rates not high but the time on the job/work to do/pay/and volume makes a big cohuners by the sounds of it.
might bring my working week down to 2 days :lol:
Doesent sound too bad almost makes me wish I'd done the gas...good luck whatever you choose to do...regards Turnpin

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]