UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
80 % 20 %
By Best
When using the longer type valves tails and having to cut them shorter, - what cutter do you use?
I always used a junior hacksaw, but it left brass filings and a sharp edge that needed filed off.
I see a pipeslice is said to do the job and used mine on last job. Seems excellent, but surely the cutting wheel won’t last?
i never use hacksaw for much unless its the only tool.
pipeslice on those tails, new cutters cheap enough but i'm still on same cutter wheel 6 years in :)
Paulplumb wrote:
September 3rd, 2018, 1:55 pm
I use a pipe slice but I think it definitely blunts the blade.
yeah, deffo blunts the blade so does chrome pipe and the fact it is thicker walled.
i think its down to the wuality of the wheel though-mines a few years old and i think a kopex. i bet most made in china from tinfoil now?
REDSAW wrote:
September 3rd, 2018, 7:13 pm
Paulplumb wrote:
yeah, deffo blunts the blade so does chrome pipe and the fact it is thicker walled.
i think its down to the wuality of the wheel though-mines a few years old and i think a kopex. i bet most made in china from tinfoil now?
Yea, I have Kopex and Monument slices and they seem to last forever if given a spray of oil and a strip down and clean and oil occasionally.
I have a couple of brand new unused Rothenberger slices and hope they are as good.
Best wrote:
September 3rd, 2018, 10:06 pm
REDSAW wrote:
Paulplumb wrote:
be interested in seeing how good the wheel is in the Rothy tbh !!! :?
Yea, I have Kopex and Monument slices and they seem to last forever if given a spray of oil and a strip down and clean and oil occasionally.
I have a couple of brand new unused Rothenberger slices and hope they are as good.
Best wrote:
REDSAW wrote:
Paulplumb wrote:
REDSAW wrote:
September 4th, 2018, 12:50 pm
Best wrote:
REDSAW wrote:
Paulplumb wrote:
The Rothenberger pipe slice comes with the Superfire 2 torch kits. Looks good.
Pipe slices has to be near the top of the list of best plumbing eventions, - don’t you think?
Life would be awful without one.
thats another one!
s/f 2 bought one hardly ever used it.- i call it piper-alpha rig
i like my bernzomatic quickfire.
Best wrote:
September 6th, 2018, 8:08 pm
REDSAW wrote:
September 5th, 2018, 10:54 pm
thats another one!
s/f 2 bought one hardly ever used it.- i call it piper-alpha rig
i like my bernzomatic quickfire.
Are they the manufacturer of Roth torches?
i recon so. rothy dont make anything do they? just print name on and sell for 3x as much lol.
those sanding strips get me, i can buy 5 meters of the stuf for the same price a pack of 10 :lol:

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]