UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Put your Central Heating System question in here.
100 %
By Rabbit
We’ve just had a boiler service as we’re selling our house and have been told it’s leaking 17ppm of carbon monoxide... but then it’s been ticked as safe to use. We had a gas safety check just 1 week ago and were told this boiler was safe to use by another company- can anyone tell me what this means? Would this not have shown up on the gas safety check and also should our carbon monoxide alarm be beeping if it’s leaking?
hi,
sorry, this could mean a lot of things depending on boiler for one!
can you post picture of report minus your address, that would help ta. :)
Rabbit wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 11:22 am
Thanks for the reply, I have added below. What are your thoughts?
sorry, not sure how you added picture but it too small to read or camera wrong way!!
hi,
yes i can see that one.
the boiler is quiet old now and not a very good boiler at that. it looks to me the boiler has not been serviced for a long time-at least not yearly!
taking into account all the notes that would be usual for that boiler or one of that quality & age.
what it needs is a good strip service and new door seal fitting. that would probably do it.

the gas safe test is all you really need to sell and its been deemed safe but the buyer might knock a grand off asking price to allow for new boiler, the system will need updating too for around £2-3k
17ppm co is about someone smoking a fag, i also doubt your carbon monoxide detector is either in date or fitted correctly to the specified position so dont rely on that!

go for the service and seals get a new reading then rip up old one. issue that and cp12 to solicitor home pack.

the fan will eventually pack up but engineer could also dose it with fan oil to quieten it down and prolong its life. parts for these boilers are simply not worth the price.

hope that helps?
Hi, please can anyone help me. my logic ideal plus boiler I’m having problems with. The heating works great but the minute you go to run the bath or sink the water is freezing? It was making a sound and that’s when we new the hot water was working but now nothing? I can’t afford a plumber but any advice will be much appreciated. The pressure does go to 0 a lot but even when it’s high still no hot water.
By REDSAW
Dannii123 wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 2:13 pm
Hi, please can anyone help me. my logic ideal plus boiler I’m having problems with. The heating works great but the minute you go to run the bath or sink the water is freezing? It was making a sound and that’s when we new the hot water was working but now nothing? I can’t afford a plumber but any advice will be much appreciated. The pressure does go to 0 a lot but even when it’s high still no hot water.
yes, please start a new thread first!!

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]