UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Put your Central Heating System question in here.
100 %
By joni os
Recently fitted Drayton mid position valve, chosen because of clip on actuator in a difficult access situation. Pleased to find threaded connections compatible with 22mm compression ,which is convenient when power flushing with valve removed.
Previous been fan of Honeywell but no longer price competitive. Feed back from others on this and alternatives would be greatly appreciated.
By SimonG
Once upon it was always Honeywell. Not now though, very poor build quality. Even had a few failing straight from the box. Always used to open them up in the merchants and slide the manual lever across a few times to see if it was slipping.

I fit what I can get hold off and stick an extra lever valve for ease of changing in the future.
By REDSAW
i prefer or use the honeywell copies :D

do a lot of contract stuff and get asked to change them, most are honeywell.
theres no requirement on type, just get them fixed so i make hw prices for simple swaps.
to be fair over last 4 years, not had one call back!!

thought is, is hw using the same as the copies for manufacture?
By REDSAW
TURNPIN wrote:
December 2nd, 2017, 11:03 pm
Don't see why not probably all made in the same place.......I get my Levi's in Turkey so much cheaper and free alterations and like your valves who knows once their in place and working...lol..regards Turnpin :D
i once bought a dozen levi 501's from russia and sold 9 pair in the 90's for £25 each.
didnt get one pair returned back :D

i also not the honeywell galv cap also fits in place of the shiny 'copy' ones and non the wiser :lol:
By REDSAW
Best wrote:
December 3rd, 2017, 3:20 am
Genuine Honeywell valves are fairly expensive, but in a Heatpack can be bought very cheap.
Does anyone try buying them that way?
I know the cheaper Center Brand motorised valves from Plumb Center are supposed to be Honeywell and they have similarities, although not the same valve.
dont do much on the installs now so wouldnt buy heat pack. the apparent saving on the valve could show profit margin made on the other items!!
arnt the plumbcenter ones the Tower ones?
By Best
REDSAW wrote:
December 3rd, 2017, 7:51 pm
Best wrote:
December 3rd, 2017, 3:20 am
Genuine Honeywell valves are fairly expensive, but in a Heatpack can be bought very cheap.
Does anyone try buying them that way?
I know the cheaper Center Brand motorised valves from Plumb Center are supposed to be Honeywell and they have similarities, although not the same valve.
dont do much on the installs now so wouldnt buy heat pack. the apparent saving on the valve could show profit margin made on the other items!!
arnt the plumbcenter ones the Tower ones?
I really can't say for sure what brand the Plumbcenter valves are, although was told Honeywell made them, but they are different than Honeywell. Plumbcenters have a grey actuator cover.
Surprising how little the Honeywell heat packs can be bought for.

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]