UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

For when your troubles just won't soak away, sort out your drainage issues in here.
By Pestle
48492056-A351-4117-B9BB-02D18D4FA812.jpeg (179.7KiB)Viewed 9060 times
Hi new to the forum , doing an extension to the rear and side of my property , couple of questions regarding drainage etc , first of all I need to move my soil stack about 6 ft to the right of its location , under manhole shows a different pipe which goes under house to downstairs toilet I was thinking of cutting pipe and adding a Y joiner piece and teeing off that for new stack location then getting rid of existing pipe etc if that makes sense I’ll add photo for my idea thanks rob
FEAC383E-BABB-4016-8308-96384120DCA2.jpeg (179.7KiB)Viewed 9060 times
By Craig0787
I cant see the photo so cant see what your intention is, but if your building an extension, your building control officer will be able to tell you how he/she wants the drainage doing. My understanding was that all drains should lead independently back to the manhole so they are rodable in the event of a blockage. Due to this your plan of using a y joiner will not be allowed and instead a mini access chamber will likely be the preferred method for the connection.
User avatar
By Best
The problems you will have to just tee off where you suggest is although it will work, you then will have a junction that has no access to.
Also building control will not approve it, but you should really be contacting them first.
Ideally you require a new man hole either to replace existing in your photo, or dig and install a new man hole where new sewer pipe connection goes at existing pipe further on

Hi, i wouldnt paint them as theres no guarentee it[…]

you could simply try one of these for the price an[…]

Just want to say Hello!

Outstanding post, I think website owners should ac[…]

Clay Pipe Connection

I’m about to lay a new patio, but I found th[…]