UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
By JamesCranfield
Hello,

Just bought a house, the valve on the 3/4" washing machine tee is leaking (capped for now). I don't want to replace the tee, I would just like to screw in a new valve section on to the end of the tee to bypass the broken valve. Struggling to find the right component - can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Cheers
By REDSAW
JamesCranfield wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 5:28 pm
Hello,

Just bought a house, the valve on the 3/4" washing machine tee is leaking (capped for now). I don't want to replace the tee, I would just like to screw in a new valve section on to the end of the tee to bypass the broken valve. Struggling to find the right component - can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Cheers
ER,nope!
ran it through my head several times and at least 6 scenarios of what parts may be involved came to mind.
A picture would narrow this down to about 60 seconds if you could provide one then may be able to tell you exactly.
stick a picture up and lets see!
cheers
By JamesCranfield
Hi Redshaw,

Thanks for getting back to me.
IMG_02582.JPG
IMG_02582.JPG (287.07KiB)Viewed 2071 times
Here's a picture of the valve that's leaking (the cold one). I don't want to replace the whole section if I can avoid it - I just want to screw a working valve onto the end of the existing thread. It's a standard washing machine inlet size 3/4". Any thoughts?

Cheers
Attachments
IMG_02582.JPG
IMG_02582.JPG (287.07KiB)Viewed 2071 times

Yeah,cant see any problem with that. stops crud dr[…]

ask next door if its possible to shut down their b[…]

Hi, do the job properly, get a kango and dig it up[…]

Hi, normally come with instructions where to cut h[…]