UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
By Bertie Button
Hi. I'm hoping to have a wall hung wc installed. I want to put it in a run of bathroom units with normal looking cupboard and drawer front rather than a full flat panel, and I'm not 100% sure if that's possible.
I've been looking online and I think that this can be done by using a half height frame and a normal concealed cistern. The units will be backing onto a stud wall rather than a solid wall. Will that be OK? If so, which frames and cistern do you recommend. I've seen a Roper Rhodes one which is compatable with a Vortex cistern. I need a cistern with a small push button with flexible connection which can fit on the drawer element of the unit so I think my choice is limited! I hope that all makes sense!
User avatar
not my avenue as i stick to standard but dont you think the fulcrum point of the wall will be the problem. i mean the shear strength close to the wall is minimal with feet but a studded wall x4 + !! what evever dont tile it lol. ... 1436-e1437
Clay Pipe Connection

I’m about to lay a new patio, but I found th[…]

Offset Cistern / Toilet Pan

yes your right, it may well cause flushing issues.[…]

Strange knocking noise

sounds like you have an open vented system. the no[…]

Air source heat pumps are a renewable alternative […]