UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
By steveb
if it is a washered tap, I just replace the washer. I usually service the insert to prolong it's life. if it is a quarter turn ceramic insert, sometimes I take them apart and grease them with silicone grease to fill any scratches on the ceramic faces. if the tap still drips after servicing I replace the insert.
By Tamz
If it's a washer I'll fix it usually for a packet of fags if I'm passing.
Ceramics I really canny be rsed faffing around with them.
If it's a regular customer I'll give it a go or get them a cartridge but if it's a 1 off either it's a new tap or phone whoever you like.

I remember when ceramic disc taps 1st came out. They were bummed up as the best thing since sliced bread.
You would never need to change a tap washer again.
They were right. You just bin the whole tap now. No need for a 1p washer.
Progress I suppose lol
By REDSAW
Tamz wrote:
April 9th, 2017, 1:54 am
If it's a washer I'll fix it usually for a packet of fags if I'm passing.
Ceramics I really canny be rsed faffing around with them.
If it's a regular customer I'll give it a go or get them a cartridge but if it's a 1 off either it's a new tap or phone whoever you like.

I remember when ceramic disc taps 1st came out. They were bummed up as the best thing since sliced bread.
You would never need to change a tap washer again.
They were right. You just bin the whole tap now. No need for a 1p washer.
Progress I suppose lol
i hear its the micro granules of sand or chrystals in the drinking water that causes micro scratches in the ceramic causing them to lead :!:
Shower Pump

It's possible that the pump installed may be overs[…]

Its a little block in a campsite, so sometimes all[…]

Washing Machine Tee 3/4" valve leaking

If the valve on your 3/4" washing machine tee[…]

We live in a listed building and our listed buildi[…]