UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
100 %
By REDSAW
had a couple of issues with the black and green ones.
to be fair they are not plumbed in well (builders) they keep sucking air and draw back.
depends on customer really- fit the best or fit the rest (properly) and let it back to manu's if problems.
By Best
REDSAW wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 11:48 pm
had a couple of issues with the black and green ones.
to be fair they are not plumbed in well (builders) they keep sucking air and draw back.
depends on customer really- fit the best or fit the rest (properly) and let it back to manu's if problems.
Yes, the black and green ones, usually RSP code, I have seen leaking, some had to be replaced. All were fitted badly. I repaired one I remember.
Never had any bother with any I installed, that I know of, but I did install most of them to instructions.
(I do have a “temporary” install I did for my brother on original poorly located pipework and it is 10 years working and counting, without any probs so far.)
The CT Salamander pumps come with a 5 year warranty and brass ends and impellers, so I wonder if they are as good as they appear
By REDSAW
screwfix special, goo prices tho. i'd perhaps go for one if it were for own use but we have 4.5bar pressure here :D
By Best
REDSAW wrote:
March 6th, 2018, 5:42 pm
screwfix special, goo prices tho. i'd perhaps go for one if it were for own use but we have 4.5bar pressure here :D
Decided to just go with the more expensive option of a Stuart and Turner pump.
Wasn’t convinced the Salamander could be as good, judging by some reviews

they always do this this happened with my washing […]

Shower Pump

I have a mixer/tap type shower in the bath. It's[…]

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]