UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
100 %
By Olivia
Thanks in advance for reading.

I am in the process of buying a residential property where I plan to fit up to 8 bathrooms (1 existing and 7 en-suites). Fitting all electric showers would mean upgrading the power supply to the property (I am in the process of getting a quote from UK Power Networks) but I wanted to know what other options are available to supply hot water to multiple bathrooms at the same time? Unfortunately I don't currently know what the water pressure and flow is. There are two lofts and a large basement for storing equipment if required.
By REDSAW
if your planning a b&b type establishment where all bathrooms could be used at the same time, then i would be looking at stored water in the roof space and std electric showers. cold mains to basins only.
By JessicaDarcey
Tall buildings must be supplied throughout by the normal pressure in the public water mains. These buildings have particular needs in the design of their sanitary drainage and venting systems. Water main supply pressures of 8–12 metres (25– 40 feet) can supply a typical two-storey building, but higher buildings may need pressure booster systems.
And, I completely agree with the Redsaw's points. It's a good idea!
By REDSAW
Remdix wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 9:05 am
Am still getting readjusted to using the forum as Ive been away awhile and need to know how to mark a topic solved or if there is a need to anymore.
you know, i dont think you can! not that i am aware of anyhow.
i just go on active posts. as the solved or unanswered posts seem to dwindle away.

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]