UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Put your Central Heating System question in here.
By Seiko
Hi guys,

I hope I'm in the right place to ask for some help understanding how I'm going to setup my new heating system.

Next year Easter, I'm gutting our home. Its an old Victorian 4 bed house with a cellar. Here is what I want to to.

1) Boiler / Tank - Electric version to manager underfloor heating instead of radiators. - 3 / 4 bathrooms. No radiators. What brand should I consider? I want each floor or even each room heat controlled via a smart phone.
2) Should I plumb the underfloor heating throughout the house or buy electric mats? If I plumb it, can the heating per room be controlled? I have a nest already but is getting more nest per room the answer?
3) I am planning to put the boiler in the cellar but the WiFi signal isn't great down there. Is this going to be a problem? Eg. The heatlink I get with the nest connects to the boiler, so does every nest i have around the home need a heat link? I doubt the nest on the top floor with communicate with the boiler very well. I'm confused.

Some suggestions from you guys would be awesome to help me design this without bashing my brain too much.

Thanks a bunch..

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]