UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Put your Central Heating System question in here.
83.3 % 16.7 %
By joni os
Viessmann 100 W regular, on open vent. Chosen for simplicity, because other parts of heating system readily available, if not in van, and virtually FOC.
13Kw would have done heating but chose 16Kw to avoid extreme ends of product range,also brings benefit of faster reheat DHW.
Were my daughters still at home I would size boiler at 16Kw plus 3Kw for every female in household and increase size of DHW cylinder to match.
By jonnyswamp
Took a 7 ish yr old 42 CDI out a few months ago and fitted a Vaillant eco fit pure 30 in its place
Plenty big enough for me, 1 bathroom and a downstairs shower room which never get used together
Went for the Vaillant as I needed a cupboard fit with rear flue after altering kitchen about etc
My 3 daughters still live at home and If we had a cylinder etc, it would need to be around 500 litres for the amount of time they spend in the shower :o
By REDSAW
worcester 24i junior :D
i got it for free thats why :lol:

its upstairs and been running at zero pressure for the last 6 years and i have only serviced it once.......
By TURNPIN
Potterton profile 80e on a y plan.....gift from my old governor's when I worked in their plumbing shop when I'd moved into my new house..... Just had a new pcb fitted and only ever needed was a boiler stat.....not the most economical by today's standards but suits us been very reliable......regards Turnpin :D
By JC Plumb
Glowworm Spacesaver 38 on a P plan gravity system, the P stands for poo as it's almost a c plan, but you can't disengage the hot water, the only valve is a 2 port on the heating, so HW is always on.
Swapping it out for a combi at the end of this month, still undecided, will probs go with Vaillant or Worcester but will take advice from the gas engy who's fitting it.

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]