UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
By Stebbo
Hi all,
I've just introduced myself in the new members forum and hope someone out there can n help ?
I'm about to replace an existing radiator in the bathroom with a dual fuel towel rail and wonder if there is a preferred connection ? The towel rail is the 'ladder' type and I understand the bleed valve goes in the opposite vertical tube to the electrical heating element. What I need to know is which side do I place the TRV and which side do I connect to the feed from the boiler ?
Hoping someone out there can help.
By Stebbo
Thanks Craig, I guess that's all I need to know. I just wasn't sure if there might have been a combination that would create problems ? It's good to know that the heating element goes on the return side. I don't think the towel rail has a flow and return.
Thanks again. Looks like that one of tomorrow's jobs sorted.

Hi, normally come with instructions where to cut h[…]

I am the new girl

Hello and welcome along Kattie, how`s the weather […]

Change Microbore

Why a combi? Any chance of bath and shower going t[…]

Just replace the entire valve. It should just be a[…]