UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
By David
Hi I have a bosch dishwasher. I have had a local engineer look at it ,took it a way brought it back said cannot find anything wrong the problem I have got it just not draining, they said they have used all the cycles and they have had no issues, soon as we used it we get E-25 code ,meaning drainage ,its been like this for months, also they fitted new cap at the bottom of dishwasher, made no difference. Cannot understand it even the man that brought it back said the same .I have even took drainge hose off and let empty in bucket ,plumbing of it looks fine .I don't know if anyone can help Thanks
By REDSAW
sounds like a faulty or failing pump to me. there about £20 i would throw one on and eliminate that.
dont need a genuine one as most are generic anyway.
By REDSAW
David wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 3:35 pm
Had a new pump fitted only last year ,can't be that .I am just wondering to get a bosch engineer out see if he can sort it out ,or take the pipe out see what it's doing. Is there anyone out there knows how to force the D/w to drain with out going through a cycle. Thanks
starting from zero cycle will drain DW before it starts cycle if pump works. otherwise i use a wet vac with the bottom filter removed. no salt in machine can also make it fail to work properly.
By David
Thanks for that, press reset goes to 00.01 then I try it the pump sounds like it turns then turns again, sounds like it is emptying but there is no difference, if I persist it eventually drains but this does not always work. Also if the machine worked in the engineers shop what difference would the salt make . Thanks for the reply .
By REDSAW
David wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 11:22 am
Thanks for that, press reset goes to 00.01 then I try it the pump sounds like it turns then turns again, sounds like it is emptying but there is no difference, if I persist it eventually drains but this does not always work. Also if the machine worked in the engineers shop what difference would the salt make . Thanks for the reply .
the salt tip is from my missus. we used to have a bosch and evertime it wasnt draining where i am about to strip out pump, she always told me it needs salt. low and behold 2 days later ater it worked its way through, it worked fine for another 4-6 months :lol:
i would still be looking at a weak pump with a flat spot on the windings though, cheap enough to try and fit, may even find a blockage!
btw, they might have bench tested it with a bucket below the machine so it pumped out easily but wont be strong enough to pump with resistance?
By David
Hi thanks for that .Tryed it with Salt .....didn't work left it few days no joy .what I am doing now is doing a cycle 270 after 10-15 mins E 25 comes on tablet doesn't come out ,so empty water from bottom do the cycle again 270 this washers them tablet comes out ,still have E 25 water on the bottom, but it does wash them ....a bit of a pain .Does anyone out there know why this happens thanks

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]